Friday 17 February 2012

Chocolate Amaretto Truffles for Valentine's Day


So yes, I'm aware that I'm a bit late with this posting, but trust me, the efforts I have had to go to in order to get this online. 'Nuff said really.

I wanted to make something lovely for Valentine's day, I'm such a softie (wait till you see what else I made), lol. 

I love this box - its so cute from paperchase and I fell in love with it instantly. And these chocs are just soo delicious, you don't know how tempting this process was. Truffles don't take too much time really, just depends on what you want the product to look like so that plays a part ... and patience, lots of it! A perfect pressie for any time of the year...


Ingredients for the truffles:-

250g semisweet chocolate
240ml double cream
2 tblsp Amaretto liqueur (Disarronno)

Method:-

In a small pan, heat the double cream - until just about to boil.

Roughly chop the chocolate and place it in a bowl.

Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the amaretto.

Allow to cool slightly.

Use a teaspoon to roll the truffles in cocoa powder or melted chocolate.

Leave to cool and decorate accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment