Sunday 14 April 2013

The Great Catch Up Post ...

So what have I been up to for the past few months, not blogging that's what! I've got all these lovely ideas that I wanted to put up, so I might just do it in one big post... like a catch up post.

Key Lime Pie:

This was easier than I thought to make, but I think I used the wrong sized tin for it, but it still came out ok, just a little flat and spread out... One to definitely make again!




Ingredients:

300g crushed digestives
150g melted butter
1 tin condensed milk
3 egg yolks
zest and juice of 5 limes
300ml double cream
icing sugar to taste

Method:

Heat oven to 160C, gas mark 3.

Mix the digestives with the melted butter and press into the base of a cake tin. I used a 23inch but I think a 20inch would be better. Bake in the oven for 10 mins. Leave to cool.

Whisk the egg yolks until light then add the condensed milk and juice and zest of the limes and pour into the cooled biscuit mixture. Bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool completely. 

Whisk cream and icing sugar to just firm and decorate accordingly. 

Yummy and tangy!



Pre-wedding cupcakes:

So a friend of mine at work was getting married so I decided to make her some pre-wedding cupcakes in her wedding colours and also just an extra treat for work! 

I love the butterflies, even if I do say so myself!



And some floral ones too!



Think Pink day in October:

More cupcakes in support of Think Pink for work, complete with swirl and marble effect.






Halloween:

I love Halloween, it seems not long ago that I made all these lovely cupcakes and cookies and had so much fun doing it. This year I wanted to do something better and seeing as I went to a Halloween party as a skeleton I wanted to follow on with the theme. This gorgeous gooey chocolate cake was an absolute hit with everyone at work and the poor skeleton didn't last long. Result!



And all made with fondant icing!



Christmas goodies:

Last year I made fudge and flapjacks so this year I thought I'd make some gingerbread cookies, its been a while since I made these and they're always fun to decorate. Plus of course I had to make another gingerbread house, especially after the epic version last year!

I used the same recipe as last time for both the house and gingerbread cookies and then just variations on colour on the royal icing recipe. Good times!




So pretty and festive! 




And then the gingerbread house. I got most of these sweets when I was in Barcelona last year at the amazing  La Bouqueria market off Las Ramblas. So glad I got to put them to use, or even prouder that I managed to not eat them for so long! 



err, excuse the container its in - I had to transport it into work and once I got it in, I couldn't get it out! This is all that remained...




Then the Christmas cupcakes, took forever but so worth it ...




My favourite one has to be the holly and ivy, I couldn't bring myself to eat it, honestly! Of course I gave in eventually......



No comments:

Post a Comment